About This Blog

My current research obsession is centered around purses and pouches from the European Middle Ages, and the accompanying hardware and passementerie. It is my hope to not only study extant items but also learn via reconstructive experiments; these will be limited for the most part to the textile components, however in the future I hope to explore the production of the metal frames.

16 February 2009

Wow.

Living history and fiber geeks alike can all drool over this with me.

While looking around online for textiles to use for my purses, I stumbled across Malleries. They have some pieces of (and I'll have to take their word on this of course) 16th century Italian silk. Imagine using 400-year-old silk for your clothing and accessories, eh?

It comes at a price, though. This bit, reincarnated as a table runner, costs $2,800, and this bedhanging can be yours for only $6,400!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGWant!